Some of the event highlights:
* Nick Arndt and A.J. Beers renewed their rivalry with a classic rematch, with Arndt avenging last year's narrow defeat with an equally close win this time around. The duo have now each captured both the Pond Sprint and the Patch Sprint over the past two seasons. Jonathan Zaharek came in third.
* First-time racer Shannon Surdyk took the women's division by a wide margin, with Hannah Francis and Shannon Drowne separated by less than one minute in the battle for 2nd and 3rd.
* Joseph Zimmerman and Angie Sussdorf took the five-mile short course titles
* Beth Criston showed the day's most perseverance-- after missing the turn to Sugarloaf Mt., and going nearly two miles past, she turned around, climbed the mountain and covered the remainder of the course with very respectable split times!
* Aside from the racers, 13 hikers and 12 volunteers took part.